This bestselling book is filled with fun activities you can use to engage students in learning a world language. No matter what language and grade level you teach, you will love having a wide variety of tools at your disposal, from quick warm-up exercises to longer games and group activities.
Inside, you'll find...
- Essential teacher tools and student organizational tools
- Strategies to promote and monitor class participation, including student self-assessments
- Strategies to promote and assess oral proficiency, such as prompts, quick chats, and role plays
- Warm-up activities and five-minute transitional activities
- Individual, pair, and group practice activities, with modification suggestions
- Games that make learning fun, with clear directions for how to do them
- Great websites and other resources to check out for more ideas
The enhanced second edition features updated activities and technology suggestions throughout, as well as a tabbed design so it's easier to return to your favorite sections again and again.
Bonus: The book comes with more than 30 templates-charts, rubrics, and game boards that can be photocopied from the book or downloaded as eResources from the book product page at www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138827295. You can modify and print them for classroom use.
"This is a must-have book for foreign language teachers. It will rescue you when you are in need of new activities, whether it be for reading, writing, speaking or listening, reviewing, practicing or introducing new material."
--Kristen Anglemyer, Spanish 8-12 Teacher, Hustisford WI
"This is a wonderful resource for any teacher. The variety of activities and the organization allows educators to quickly find the perfect activity to supplement any lesson. A plethora of ideas is just a reach away."
--Abby Schmiesing, Spanish Teacher at East Noble High School, IN
Meet the Author Acknowledgements eResources Introduction 1 Classroom Organization 2 Strategies to Promote and Assess Oral Proficiency 3 Warm-Up Activities 4 Individual Practice Activities 5 Pair Activities 6 Group Activities 7 Games 8 Five-Minute Activities to Stretch Your Legs and Brain Resources and References
Number Of Pages: 174
Published: 12th December 2014
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 27.9 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 0.57
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: New edition