Learn to provide state-of-the-art care to any patient in any setting with the most comprehensive trauma nursing resource available. Using the unique cycles of trauma framework, Trauma Nursing: From Resuscitation Through Rehabilitation, 5th Edition features coverage of cutting-edge research findings and current issues, trends, and controversies in trauma nursing. The thoroughly updated fifth edition guides you through all phases of care - from preventive care and the time of injury to the resuscitative, operative, critical, intermediate, and rehabilitative stages. Plus, new chapters address unique trauma patient populations including pregnant women, children, the elderly, bariatric individuals, burned patients, those with a history of substance abuse and organ donors. With timely discussions on emerging topics such as mass casualty events and rural trauma, this is the most complete resource available for both students and experienced trauma nurses.
- UPDATED! Disaster preparedness, response and recovery for mass casualty incidents prepares students to act quickly and confidently in the event of a disaster, with guidelines for initial response and sustained response.
- UPDATED! The latest sepsis protocols, opioid use and pain/sedation protocols, and treating injured patients with diabetes.
- Special populations coverage prepares you to meet the needs of unique trauma patient populations including pregnant women, children, the elderly, bariatric individuals, burn patients, those with a history of substance abuse and organ donors.
- Coverage of specific issues that affect all patients regardless of their injury, gives you a solid understating of mechanism of injury, traumatic shock, patient/family psychosocial responses to trauma, pain, anxiety, delirium and sleep management; infection; wound healing, and nutrition.
- Tables and illustrations throughout add clarity to the content being discussed.
- NEW! Information on a team-centered, interdisciplinary approach to care.
- NEW! Up-to-date evidence-based information about issues that affect trauma care systems, includes injury pathophysiology, and state-of-the-art care for the trauma patient during all phases of care.
- NEW! All new content includes information on cultural sensitivity, care for caregivers, and how to handle self-harm injuries and suicide.
- NEW! Certification review questions help you to prepare for certification by listing the correct answers and rationales.
- NEW! Current recommendations for measuring fluid administration responsiveness.
Number Of Pages: 848
Published: 5th September 2019
Publisher: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 1.7
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised