Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS, Third Edition, focuses on off-highway mobile equipment systems, giving you in-depth coverage of service and repair essentials for heavy equipment, agricultural equipment, and powered lift truck technology. Written by experienced technicians, this trusted text includes both universal and manufacturer-specific information on everything from hydraulics, heavy-duty brakes, drivetrains, steering, suspension, and track systems, to safety and best practices. Now featuring a visually appealing, full-color design, the Third Edition is also newly updated with information on the latest computer-controlled hydraulics, GPS, electronic controls, J1939 multiplexing, and electric drive vehicle systems, offering insights into important trends and technology you need to know for success as a specialty technician in today's ever-evolving industry.
2. Hoisting and Rigging.
3. Introduction to Hydraulics.
4. Hydraulic System Components.
5. Hydraulic Symbols and Schematics.
6. Hydraulic System Maintenance and Diagnostics.
7. Hydraulic Brakes.
8. Spring-Applied, Hydraulic-Released Brakes.
9. Air and Air Over Hydraulic Brake Systems.
10. Introduction to Powertrains.
11. Powershift Transmissions.
12. Hydrostatic Drive Systems and Retarders.
14. Heavy Duty Drive Axles.
15. Final Drives.
16. Steering Systems.
17. Tires and Rim Systems, Track Systems, and Ground Engaging Equipment.
18. Suspension and Ride Control Systems.
19. Machine and Equipment Electronics.
20. AC Hybrid Electric / Battery Powered Drive Systems.
ISBN: 9781337567589 ISBN-10: 1337567582 Series: Mindtap Course List Audience:
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 624 Published: 27th September 2017 Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc Country of Publication: US Dimensions (cm): 27.5 x 21.8
Weight (kg): 1.43
Edition Number: 3 Edition Type: Revised