Change is so rapid today that leaders must do much more than stay the course to be successful. If they aren't nimble and ready to adapt, they won't survive. The key is to learn how to leadershift.
In the Leadershift Workbook, which accompanies the book of the same name, bestselling author John C. Maxwell will help leaders gain the ability and willingness to make leadership changes that will positively enhance their organizational and personal growth. He begins by explaining seven principles they need to implement into their daily lives so they will be ready to face every situation with flexibility and confidence:
- Continually learn, unlearn, and relearn
- Value yesterday but live in today
- Rely on speed, but thrive on timing
- See the big picture as the picture keeps getting bigger
- Live in today but think about tomorrow
- Move forward courageously in the midst of uncertainty
- Realize today's best will not meet tomorrow's challenges
In the remaining lessons in the workbook, Dr. Maxwell shares the eleven shifts he has personally made over the course of his long and successful leadership career. He explains how each of these shifts changed his trajectory and set him up for new and exciting achievements, ultimately strengthening and sustaining his leadership abilities and making him the admired leadership expert he is today. He concludes by challenging readers to implement these "leadershifts" in their lives and see how these principles change the way they think, act, and ultimately lead so they can be successful in an ever-changing world.