Equip your students to identify, detect, investigate, and prevent financial fraud with Albrecht/Albrecht/Albrecht/Zimbelman's leading Fraud Examination 5E. This popular text closely examines the nature of fraud using memorable business examples and captivating cases of actual fraud, including recent developments in ebusiness fraud. Students explore how technology is used for fraud and how it can also be used effectively to detect fraud. Students also examine today's legal options for victims of fraud.
Significant discussion on forensic analysis expands students' understanding of the field, while new examples, problems and exercises reinforce concepts with meaningful practical application. Proven learning features help students focus on the most important information in fraud today as they prepare to make a difference in business.
New to the Edition
- PRACTICAL, PROVEN APPLICATIONS BRING FRAUD TO LIFE. Actual, current fraud cases drawn from first-hand experience provide intriguing opportunities to apply concepts. Meaningful and practical end-of-chapter exercises offer helpful practice and review
- STRONG EMPHASIS ON FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION, AND INVESTIGATION PREPARED STUDENTS TO WORK IN BUSINESS TODAY. This edition delves into fraud investigation at a deeper level, examining the nature of fraud perpetrators and why they commit fraud. Students learn to recognise the warning signs that fraud may occur as well as how to use technology most effectively to search proactively for fraud
- EXTENSIVE AUTHOR EXPERIENCE ENSURES AUTHENTIC APPROACH. This team of authors combines their extensive expertise in forensic accounting, fraud examination, and technology with the talents of innovative experts in fraud investigation technology to bring your students an accurate, contemporary overview of fraud. You will find a wealth of intriguing cases and memorable, first-hand examples drawn from today's business
- UPDATED CHAPTER CONTENT ENSURES THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION FOR YOUR COURSE. Each chapter in this edition reflects the most up-to-date developments and information related to fraud. Corresponding PowerPoint® resources and Test Banks reflect the latest content
- NEW PROBLEMS AND EXERCISES IMPROVE THE BOOK'S PRACTICAL STRENGTHS. Fresh new end-of-chapter applications, problems and exercises ensure this book remains on the cutting edge of fraud investigation today. This reader-friendly revision enhances the book's popular practical approach and content
About the Author
W. Steve Albrecht
is the Andersen Alumni Professor of Accountancy in the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University. He received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from BYU and MBA and PhD degrees from the University of Wisconsin. He is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and Certified Fraud Examiner.
Dr. Chad O. Albrecht,
assistant professor at Utah State University, received his PhD from ESADE Business School in Barcelona, Spain, and currently teaches forensic accounting and ethics. His research focuses on international fraud and corruption from a humanistic perspective. His research articles have appeared in numerous journals and have been quoted in multiple news outlets. Previous to his doctoral studies, Dr. Albrecht worked as a licensed stockbroker for the Bank of Montreal. He currently serves as associate editor of Cross Cultural Management: An International Journal, a peer-review journal by Emerald Publishing.
Dr. Conan C. Albrecht,
associate professor of Information Systems at Brigham Young University, teaches enterprise development, middleware, and business programming. Dr. Albrecht researches computer-based fraud detection techniques, e-commerce platforms, and online group dynamics. He has published several articles on fraud detection and information theory in numerous academic and professional outlets. He is currently developing an open source framework for computer-based fraud detection. The core of this research is detectlets, which encode background and detection information for specific fraud schemes. He hopes the system will eventually serve as the foundation of a large, online repository of detectlets about all types of fraud in the next few years.
Dr. Mark F. Zimbelman
is an accounting professor and Selvoy J. Boyer Fellow at Brigham Young University (BYU). He teaches classes on auditing and fraud examination and focuses his research exclusively on fraud. His research has been published in numerous academic journals and he has worked with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Institute of Internal Auditors in writing various publications on fraud. Dr. Zimbelman received his CPA license and worked for more than six years as a financial statement auditor and, later, as a controller in industry. After obtaining his PhD he worked with KPMG in their fraud and forensics practice. This opportunity provided hands-on experience investigating violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, financial statement fraud, vendor fraud, and embezzlement.
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 696
Published: 15th December 2014
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 26.04 x 21.59
Weight (kg): 1.43
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised