Have you been spending more than ever on marketing, but feel your customers are responding less? Do you know the retail environment has changed, but you're not sure how to respond? Have you been generous with your customers, giving them bigger discounts, loyalty programs, the best-trained staff and helpful emails, but it still doesn't seem to be enough?
Customers across all industries have changed dramatically in recent years, but many retailers have failed to understand or keep up. Retailers who don't respond to the new problems of their customers will quickly be left behind.
In this ground-breaking book about winning back the modern customer, Amy Roche describes the 'experiments' she performed in her own retail store. In The Retail Experiment you'll learn how to:
- leave behind old retail methods that no longer work
- understand, value and engage with the modern customer
- evaluate and capitalise on the changed shopping environment
- market to and communicate with customers
- make your store an exciting place to visit
- appeal to the emotions of your customers
- successfully position your business in the 'experience economy'.
Amy examines winning strategies, pitfalls and fails, and the five strategies she discovered that drew customers in like magnets, increasing visitation, sales, and overall engagement.
'There are very few people in the world of retail that understand just how important the customer experience actually is. Amy Roche is one of those people. If I was a retailer, she is the only person I would call to help me create an in-store experience that translates to sales every time.'
- Andrew Griffiths - International Bestselling Business Author, Speaker and Commentator