Now you don't have to be a celebrity to have a consulation with your own personal stylist. Stylist to the stars Kendall Farr's behind-the-scenes wardrobe wisdom and savvy insights give you eye-opening and accessible advice on:
- Taking your true measurements-from eight different body zones-to ensure an attractive fit based on your unique silhouette and the proportions that will flatter it best
- Why ready-to-wear isn't, and how and when to use a tailor for a custom fit
- The best fabrics, cuts, design lines, and brands for your unique silhouette
- How to balance trends with classic, indispensable pieces that are the backbone of any well-conceived wardrobe
- What 'closet archaeology' can unearth and reveal about your wardrobe needs
- Why the right lingerie make a critical difference in the fit of your clothes
- Tips from other experts on the beauty principles that ground your everyday look-Bobbi Brown and Sonia Kashuk for makeup and Kevin Mancuso for hair
- Accessories that give an outfit an individual look and that no versatile wardrobe should be without
Best of all, The Pocket Stylist features specifically edited shopping lists for each body type. With Kendall as your guide, you'll learn to shop like a pro and look and feel your very best.
'Can't afford a stylist? Then grab this book before you go shopping. Kendall Farr is smart. Her advice is specific, fast, and makes so much sense. It's like talking to a best friend with great taste.'
- CINDY WEBER CLEARY, fashion new director, InStyle
'Smart, behind-the-scenes advice from one of the best in the business. Take The Pocket Style with you on your next shopping spree!'
-EMME, host of Fashion Emergency
'Bossy, brilliant, and never condescending, Kendall Farr is the shopaholic's best friend . . . and enabler.'
-SIMON DOONAN, author of Wacky Chicks