New chapter by Soros on the secrets to his success along with a new Preface and Introduction.
New Foreword by renowned economist Paul Volcker
"An extraordinary . . . inside look into the decision-making process of the most successful money manager of our time. Fantastic."
—The Wall Street Journal
George Soros is unquestionably one of the most powerful and profitable investors in the world today. Dubbed by BusinessWeek as "the Man who Moves Markets," Soros made a fortune competing with the British pound and remains active today in the global financial community. Now, in this special edition of the classic investment book, The Alchemy of Finance, Soros presents a theoretical and practical account of current financial trends and a new paradigm by which to understand the financial market today. This edition's expanded and revised Introduction details Soros's innovative investment practices along with his views of the world and world order. He also describes a new paradigm for the "theory of reflexivity" which underlies his unique investment strategies. Filled with expert advice and valuable business lessons, The Alchemy of Finance reveals the timeless principles of an investing legend.
This special edition will feature a new chapter by Soros on the secrets of his success and a new Foreword by the Honorable Paul Volcker, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
George Soros (New York, NY) is President of Soros Fund Management and Chief Investment Advisor to Quantum Fund N.V., a $12 billion international investment fund. Besides his numerous ventures in finance, Soros is also extremely active in the worlds of education, culture, and economic aid and development through his Open Society Fund and the Soros Foundation.
??contains a detailed description of his trading
methods and repays careful reading.? (Investors
Chronicle, 1st April 2005)
??these updated classics are packed with
investment wisdom?? (What Investment, November
Foreword to the New Edition by Paul A. Volcker.
Foreword to the First Edition by Paul Tudor Jones II.
PART ONE: THEORY
1. Reflexivity in the Stock Market.
2. Reflexivity in the Currency Market.
3. The Credit and Regulatory Cycle.
PART TWO: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE.
4. The International Debt Problem.
5. The Collective System of Lending.
6. Reagan?s Imperial Circle.
7. Evolution of the Banking System.
8. The "Oligopolarization" of America.
PART THREE: THE REAL-TIME EXPERIMENT.
9. The Starting Point: August 1985.
10. Phase 1: August 1985-December 1985.
11. Control Period: January 186-July 1986.
12. Phase 2: July 1986-November 1986.
13. The Conclusion: November 1986.
PART FOUR: EVALUATION.
14. The Scope for Financial Alchemy: An Evaluation of the
15. The Quandary of the Social Sciences.
PART FIVE: PRESCRIPTION.
16. Free Markets Versus Regulation.
17. Toward an International Central Bank.
18. The Paradox of Systemic Reform.
19. The Crash of '87.