Big, bold, impressive designs that sew together quickly and easily!
Approaching quilting in a big way, Quilt Big takes the inherent beauty found in single block patterns and creates big, bold quilts, quickly and easily. Whether you're simply short on time or intimidated by complex quilts, Quilt Big will show you how super-sizing your blocks make for faster finishes and so much more. In this block book and design resource, you'll find:
- 21 big blocks to show off your favourite fabrics in fantastic ways.
- Step-by-step guide to scaling traditional blocks to oversized designs.
- 18 quilt designs featuring bold, super-sized blocks. Plus, these 15", 18", and 24" blocks are interchangeable for one-of-a-kind finished projects!
- No CD required! Block patterns have been designed in a way that no specially sized templates are needed.
If you're new to quilting, there's no better way to learn than on a grand scale. And, for the experienced quilter, large block pieces are a fabric-friendly way to feature your favourite designer collections. Super-size your love of quilting with Quilt Big
- Bigger pieces go together more quickly and easily for a finished quilt in minimal time, plus allow for big swaths of your favorite fabric prints to take center stage.
- Pieces for 24 quilt blocks are easy to draft by dimension so no need for CD, tracing of or enlarging templates. Includes information on scaling other blocks; supersizing any size block.
- Same-size block designs can be interchanged into the finished quilt patterns, runners, and shams or any of the 18 projects in this must-have big block book!
500 colour and 100 b/w illustrations
About the Author
author Jemima Flendt was a professional high school home economics teacher for years before turning her passion for sewing and quilting into a full-time career. She's now a professional quilt maker, blogger, author, and pattern maker with her own label, Tied with a Ribbon. Jemima focuses on inspiring and teaching the love of quilting and sewing at workshops and retreats in Australia and New Zealand as well as in online classes. She's published patterns in magazines and publications worldwide. Her first book, Weekend Quilting
, was released in April 2017.