The new century has already seen much change...both in Australia and abroad.
But has the change we've witnessed been positive?
And are we satisfied with the direction in which our nation is heading?
This collection of original essays provides a forum for 18 well-known politicians, judges, academics and community leaders to describe - accessibly, energetically and optimistically - their vision for Australia in the 21st century. Each firmly believes that we, as a nation, can do better.
Stimulating, inspiring and a must-read for anyone interested in who we are and where we're headed, Time for Change is a compelling blueprint for our nation's future, written by some of our most passionate advocates.
- Julia Gillard PM on health care
- Justice Michale Kirby on dissent
- Julian Burnside QC on mandatory detention
- Pat O'Shane on Indifenous Australians
- Premier Mike Rann on the environment
- Senator Natasha Stott Despoja on higher education
- Dr Carmen Lawrence MP on women's rights