Children become the messages they get the most. And as a parent, your words, attitudes, and actions are constantly sending your children messages, creating their earliest ideas about themselves, others, and the world around them. Now, parenting expert Dr. Jim Taylor describes the vital opportunity you have to shape your children (even when they may not appear to be listening) and guides you to answer this crucial question: 'How can I be sure I'm sending the healthiest messages?'
If you consciously send your children the right messages, the benefits for them will be profound. Your Children Are Listening offers:
- Nine essential messages all children need to hear-on love, competence, security, compassion, gratitude, nature, respect, responsibility, and emotion
- Why these messages are so important
- The different 'conduits' through which children receive your messages
- 'Message blockers' that can prevent them from getting through
- And fun catchphrases and activities you can use to send these messages every day!
'Dr. Jim Taylor's strengths are his compassionate voice, his insights into parents' and children's psyches, and his 'boots on the ground' approach to helping parents send healthy messages to their children. In a world filled with harmful messages, Your Children are Listening will resonate with all parents.' Michele Borba, EdD, author of Parents Do Make a Difference and The Big Book of Parenting Solutions
'In a world where children are surrounded by negative messages, Dr. Jim Taylor gives parents the tools they need to effectively communicate healthy, positive messages that will infuse their childrens' hearts, minds and souls.' Michelle LaRowe, author of A Mom's Ultimate Book of Lists, Working Mom's 411 and the Nanny to the Rescue! parenting series
Number Of Pages: 263
Published: 7th July 2011
Publisher: Experiment LLC, The
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 20.3 x 12.7
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 1