PaperbackPublished: 28th April 2016
The Internet isn't all cat videos. There's also Felicia Day - violinist, filmmaker, Internet entrepreneur, compulsive gamer and former lonely homeschooled girl who overcame her isolated childhood to become the ruler of a new world . . . or at least semi-influential in the world of Internet geeks and Goodreads book clubs.
After growing up in the south where she was 'homeschooled for hippie reasons', Felicia moved to Hollywood to pursue her dream of becoming an actress and was immediately typecast as a crazy cat-lady secretary. But Felicia's misadventures in Hollywood led her to produce her own web series, own her own production company and become an Internet star.
Felicia's short-ish life and her rags-to-riches rise to Internet fame launched her career as one of the most influential creators in new media. Now, Felicia's strange world is filled with thoughts on creativity, video games, and a dash of mild feminist activism - just like her memoir.
Hilarious and inspirational, You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) is proof that everyone should embrace what makes them different and be brave enough to share it with the world, because anything is possible now - even for a digital misfit.
Number Of Pages: 304
Published: 28th April 2016
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.6 x 12.9 x 2.0
Weight (kg): 0.25
More Books in Arts & Entertainment Autobiographies
This Product Is Categorised By
- Non-Fiction » Arts & Entertainment » Dance & Other Performing Arts
- Non-Fiction » Arts & Entertainment » Film » Individual Actors & Performers
- Non-Fiction » Arts & Entertainment » Film » Television
- Non-Fiction » Biographies & True Stories » Biographies » Arts & Entertainment Biographies » Arts & Entertainment Autobiographies
- Non-Fiction » Biographies & True Stories » Biographies » Autobiographies