Packed with practical advice, guidance and inspiration about all aspects of the writing process, this Yearbook is the essential resource on how to get published. It will guide authors and illustrators across all genres and markets: those looking for a traditional, hybrid or self-publishing route to publication; writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets and playwrights, writers for TV and radio, newspapers and magazines.
New articles for the 2020 edition include:
- Raffaella Barker Writing romantic fiction
- Chris Bateman Narrative writing for video games
- Dean Crawford Why self-publishing can be a good option
- Jill Dawson On mentoring
- Melissa Harrison So you want to write about nature ...
- Kerry Hudson Putting characters at the heart of your novel
- Mark Illis Changing lanes: writing across genres and forms
- Maxim Jakubowski Defining genre fiction
- Antony Johnston Creating graphic novels
- Suzanne O'Sullivan Writing about science for the general reader
- Tim Pears Writing historical fiction
- Di Redmond Ever wanted to write a saga?
- Anna Symon Successful screenwriting
- Ed Wilson Are you ready to submit?
When you're looking to get published, it's your Bible. * Patrick Ness *
A must for established and aspiring authors. * Society of Authors *
An indispensable companion for anyone seriously committed to the profession of author. * David Lodge *
The definitive resource. * Writing Magazine *