Your best text types resource, from the lecturer theatre to the classroom Write Ways is a practical, user-friendly text for both teacher education students and practicing teachers.
It explains how to teach students to write in all the major text types—not only in English, but across the curriculum—and provides clear, useful examples of classroom practice, planning and assessment.
New to this edition
- References to the Australian Curriculum
- Increased focus on grammar, multiliteracies, literacy practices and teaching focuses at whole text, paragraph, clause, sentence, word group and word level
- More emphasis on multiliteracies, critical literacy and ICT, and how these look in classroom practice
- ICT margin notes suggesting how to use technology to teach text types
- All new sample units at the end of chapters 6 to 16.
These include multiple sequences that enable teachers to adapt teaching focuses to specific teaching purposes and student needs across many year levels are developed around the threads within specific sub-strands of the Australian Curriculum: English rather than narrow year-level content descriptions, thus enabling teachers to tailor their instruction to individual students and plot student learning
Encourage engagement with a variety of text formats, from paper-based to multimodal demonstrate the interrelatedness of speaking and listening, reading and viewing, and writing.
More on programming and planning, including suggestions for how to use the Australian Curriculum: English for planning in both primary and secondary contexts, how to link assessment to teaching, and how to support students as they write.
Part One: Preparation
1. Literacy and Language
3. Program Planning
4. Assessment Procedures and Record Keeping
5. Reading and Writing Process
Part Two: Informative Text Types
6. Informative Texts
7. Information Reports
8. Procedural Texts
11. Transactional Texts
12. Persuasive Texts
Part Three: Imaginative Text Types
13. Imaginative Texts
14. Imaginative Narratives
15. Information Narratives
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 320
Published: 4th November 2015
Publisher: Oxford University Press Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 24.6 x 19.4
Weight (kg): 0.7
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised