Sorry, the book that you are looking for is not available right now.
We did a search for other books with a similar title, however there were no matches. You can try selecting from a similar category, click on the author's name, or use the search box above to find your book.
Advice on how to write a novel and get it published - from someone who has done it.
There is a saying that 'everyone has a book in them'. But not many people are able to get it out. This practical and inspiring guide will help guide you through every step of the process, including:
* First thoughts - Why do you want to write, and how can you do it?
* Genres - Understanding the conventions of writing
* Generating ideas - Find a concept that makes your book stand out
* Structure - Create a compelling story arc
* Character - What you need to bring your characters to life
* Dialogue - How to write snappy and suitable direct speech
* Setting - Understand the role of place and time
* Drafting - How to get your work on the page, chapter after chapter
* Redrafting - How to assess your writing (or get it assessed) and improve it
* Submission - Agents, publishers, and how to approach them
* Publication - Working with your publisher to make your book a success
About the Author
Nigel Watts held a PhD in Creative and Critical Writing. He taught Creative Writing from 1989, the year in which he published his first award-winning novel, THE LIFE GAME. His creative writing workshops, at venues across the country, are in huge demand.
|Preparing a proposal|
|Finding a publisher and agent|
|Working with your publisher|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|
Series: Teach Yourself
Number Of Pages: 224
Published: 30th November 2012
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.8 x 12.8 x 1.5
Weight (kg): 0.19
Edition Number: 1