With stunning scenery, colonial remnants, fascinating ruins and exotic food, Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos offer unrivalled attractions. Footprint’s 5th edition Handbook will guide you from the vivid rice paddies of Vietnam to the glittering palaces of Cambodia via picturesque, laid-back Laos.
• Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including spectacular temples, tropical archipelagos and manic, engaging cities
• Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from ethnic markets and silk emporiums, to jagged islands and imperial tombs
• Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport & practicalities to history, culture & landscape
• Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
• Full-color planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
From romantic Hanoi, to magnificent Angkor Wat and picturesque Luang Prabang, Footprint’s fully updated 5th edition will help you navigate this exquisite destination.
About the Author
Andrew Spooner is a feature, travel and sports writer and photographer. His work appears regularly in The Independent on Sunday, The Independent, CNN Traveller, The Guardian, the Observer, GQ and Bike. He has also taught Media and Journalism, part time, at the University of East London. In his previous life, Andrew travelled through the underbelly of Europe with various punk rock bands and he still likes loud music, played badly. After travelling to Thailand in 1989, Andrew developed a fascination with the country and now shares his time between Bangkok and London Based in Hanoi for the last four years, David W Lloyd is a travel writer and photographer.
His work has been featured in publications including the New York Times, Wanderlust and Travel + Leisure. Specialising in Laos and Vietnam, he has also written features on Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. David's favourite destinations in Vietnam include central Quang Binh province thanks to its otherworldly caving and warm, welcoming people. He also spends as much time as he can cycling the twisting mountain roads of the far north. In Laos, he most enjoys the trekking and variety of food in Luang Nam Tha and watching the world go by over a quality coffee in Luang Prabang.
Series: Footprint Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos
Number Of Pages: 576
Published: 7th August 2015
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 18.42 x 11.43
Weight (kg): 0.5
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised