Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet USA's National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you in all 59 of the USA's nationally protected lands. Catch the country's 'first sunrise' from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia, take the drive of your life on the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier, and climb the otherworldly rocks of Joshua Tree; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover USA's natural treasures and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet USA's National Parks:
- Full-color trail and park maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, shopping, going out, tours, activities, summer and winter activities, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of all 59 parks in the USA including Acadia, Everglades, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains & Shenandoah, Joshua Tree & Death Valley, Olympic & Mount Rainier, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone & Grand Teton, Yosemite, Zion & Bryce Canyon, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA's National Parks, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those looking for a one-stop tool that helps you prepare for many trips to various national parks.
- Looking for more focused coverage on North America's top eleven national parks? Check out Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, Lonely Planet Grand Canyon National Park, Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & King's Canyon National Parks, Lonely Planet Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks, and Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks for comprehensive looks at all that each park has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)