Give your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist with Morley/Parker's UNDERSTANDING COMPUTERS: TODAY AND TOMORROW, COMPREHENSIVE, 16E. Known for a unique emphasis on societal issues and industry insights from respected leaders, this book makes computer concepts relevant to today's career-focused students. This edition offers an increased emphasis on mobile computing and related issues, such as mobile commerce and mobile security. Students become familiar with the impact of new and emerging technologies, including smart watches, drones, 3D scanners and printers, robot assistants, perceptual computing, 5G, White Fi and much more.
1. Introduction to the World of Technology.
2. The System Unit, Processing, and Memory
4. Input and Output.
5. System Software: Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
6. Application Software: Desktop and Mobile Apps.
7. Networks and Communication Devices.
8. The Internet.
9. Security and Privacy.
10. Information Systems and System Development.
11. Program Development and Programming Languages.
12. Databases and Database Management Systems.
13. Intellectual Property Rights, Ethics, Health, Access, and the Environment.
References and Resources Guide.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 648
Published: 16th February 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.8
Weight (kg): 1.14
Edition Number: 16
Edition Type: Revised