Theory & Practice of Therapeutic Masï½sage, Sixth Edition, comprehensively provides the foundation of knowledge required to become a massage professional. It delves into several areas within the profession, with chapters devoted to spa massage, lymph massage, clinical massage techniques, therapeutic procedure, athletic massage, massage in medicine, and more. Providing a fresh new design, updated terminology and expanded content on topics such as research literacy and business administration, this new edition provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to become a successful massage therapist and will be a reference that users can count on throughout their careers.
"What a great book! I love that it is inclusive of a large variety of topics that students and practitioners need and use every day. I would recommend it for any student or practitioner of massage therapy and bodywork!"
"This is a well thought out and well laid out book. The information is current and the publisher provides assistance to instructors, as well as visual aids."
"I was impressed with the amount of practical massage therapy content that had been incorporated in a systematic approach that made the material easy to understand."
PART I: The History and Advancement of Therapeutic Massage.
1. Historical Overview of Massage.
2. Requirements for the Practice of Therapeutic Massage.
3. Professional Ethics for Massage Practitioners.
PART II: Human Anatomy and Physiology.
4. Overview of Human Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology.
5. Human Anatomy and Physiology.
PART III: Massage Practice.
6. Effects, Benefits, Indications, and Contraindications of Massage.
7. Equipment and Products.
8. Infection Control and Safety Practices.
9. Consultation and Documentation.
10. Classical Massage Movements.
11. Preparations for the Practitioner.
12. Procedures for Complete Body Massages.
13. Cold, Heat, and Hydrotherapies.
14. Massage in the Spa Setting by Steve Capellini.
15. Clinical Massage Techniques.
16. Lymph Massage.
17. Therapeutic Procedures.
18. Athletic/Sports Massage.
19. Massage for Special Populations.
20. Massage in Medicine.
21. Other Therapeutic Techniques.
PART IV: Massage Business Administration.
22. Business Practices.
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1008
Published: 24th April 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.7 x 21.7
Weight (kg): 2.13
Edition Number: 6
Edition Type: Revised