This volume provides a snapshot of topics engaging theoretical physicists at the end of the twentieth century and the beginning of the twenty-first. Based on seven of the courses given at the 1999 CRM Summer School in Banff, the chapters provide timely, diverse and exciting views of their fields.
The contributions include:
- Supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory and integrable systems (E. D'Hoker and D.H. Phong)
- Branes, black holes and anti-De Sitter space (M.J. Duff)
- Turbulence (K. Gawedzki)
- Bose--Einstein condensation and coherent matter waves (A. Griffin)
- Deformed Virasoro and elliptic algebras (S. Odake)
- Mesoscopic physics (B. Simons, A. Atland)
- QCD in extreme conditions (F. Wilczek)
Young physicists will find in these chapters pedagogical introductions to subjects currently active in theoretical physics, and more seasoned physicists will find a chance to share the excitement of fields outside their immediate research interests.
Series: CRM Series in Mathematical Physics
Number Of Pages: 636
Published: 26th November 2001
Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.39 x 15.6
Weight (kg): 1.09