Longeing and ground training are an important part of horsemanship, both in training the horse and in the education of the rider.<br> <br> This book explains the principles of handling and training horses safely from the ground, including leading, teaching good ground manners, and preparation for longeing. It provides an introduction to longeing, equipment, techniques, and longeing for various purposes, including longeing to improve the horse's movement and longeing the rider. Because longeing is an activity that requires skill, knowledge, and safe techniques, The USPC Guide to Longeing and Ground Training is essential to understanding what you will need, what to do, and how long to do it safely for yourself and your horse.<br> <br> This guide can be used by Pony Clubbers, instructors, and all horse owners who want to learn about longeing and how to use this technique safely to benefit their horses' training.<br> The Howell Equestrian Library
About The United States Pony Clubs, Inc.
1. Basic Training Principles.
2. Basic Horse Handling Skills.
4. Longeing Equipment.
5. Communication and Control.
6. Learning to Longe a Trained Horse.
7. Improving Your Longeing Technique.
8. Teaching a Horse to Longe.
9. Advanced Longeing Techniques and Use of Side Reins.
10. Improving the Horse's Training and Movement.
11. Longeing for Special Purposes.
12. Handling Common Longeing Problems.
13. Longeing the Rider.