The Two Bullies
Sorry, the book that you are looking for is not available right now.
We did a search for other books with a similar title, and found some results for you that may be helpful.
Books with a similar title
What happens with Ni-ou, the self-proclaimed "strongest fellow in Japan" rows to China to challenge his counter part, Dokkoi? Not what you'd expect. These two enormous bullies are big on brawn but low on bravery--and brains! Soon Ni-oi is hiding in the bathroom after hearing Dokkoi's thunderous footsteps. And Dokkoi is duped by the false show of Ni-oi's strength. Before they know it, both bullies are back safe at home, grateful that they never had to fight. Ever since that day, when people in China lift up something heavy, they say, "Ni-ou!" And in Japan they say, "Dokkoi-sho!"
The short accessible text makes this folktale perfect for younger children. With hilarious illustrations by an award-winning Japanese artist and the silly antics of two goofy bullies, this story proves that bigger isn't necessarily better.
About the Author
Junko Morimoto was born in Hiroshima and came to live in Australia in 1982. She has written and illustrated many best-selling picture books including My Hiroshima, The Inch Boy, Kojuro And The Bear (Winner CBC Best Picture Book 1987), <i.The Two Bullies (Winner CBC Best Picture Book 1998) and Run Damon, Run! (with Anne Ingram).
For Ages: 5 - 6 years old
For Grades: 1
Number Of Pages: 32
Published: 24th April 1998
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.0 x 27.0 x 0.4
Weight (kg): 0.19
Edition Number: 1
This Product Is Categorised By
- Booktopia Gift Guide » Get Men Reading » Baby Boys (Ages 0 - 5)
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Children's Fiction » General Fiction for Children & Teenagers
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Personal & Social Issues » Handling Bullying for Children & Teenagers
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Picture Books & Early Learning
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » SA Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years R-2