Teachers give the highest marks to this bestselling classroom management guide-and now it's better than ever! Developed by Tim Knoster, a behaviour expert and former teacher whose in-demand workshops have inspired thousands, this new edition is the friendly how-to book educators need to increase desired behaviour in today's K-12 classrooms. The second edition weaves in timely new guidance for teachers implementing multi-tiered systems of support in tandem with positive behaviour interventions and supports (PBIS), though it's still a great resource for teachers in more traditional school settings. With the time-efficient, research-based strategies-relayed with humour and vivid examples-teachers will unlock the mysteries of student behaviour, prevent disruptions to learning, and support better outcomes for every student.
HOW-TO STRATEGIES THAT HELP TEACHERS:
- Successfully use multi-tiered systems of positive behaviour support
- Decode the motives behind students' behaviour
- Develop rapport with students while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Establish clear expectations for behaviour in the classroom
- Reinforce expected behaviour throughout the day with positive supports
- Skilfully redirect inappropriate student behaviour
- Apply proven Tier 2 RTI strategies with students who require additional supports
- Use individualized, intensive Tier 3 strategies with students who pose special challenges
Helpful tip sheets and classroom management tools, including an Expectations Planning Matrix, Behavior Progress Report, Behavior Contract, and more.
"[Knoster] has put all the pieces together for educators to create a healthy and positive learning environment." --Lori Newcomer, Ph.D.
About the Reproducible Materials So Who Is This Guy? Acknowledgments 1. So Why Should I Read This Book? 2. So Why Do Kids Act the Way They Do? 3. So How Do I Prevent Problem Behavior in My Classroom? 4. So How Close Should I Get with My Students? 5. So How Do I Go About Establishing Expectations in My Classroom? 6. So How Hard Is It to Use Reinforcement in My Classroom? 7. So Does It Really Boil Down to Classroom Climate? 8. So How Do I Address Inappropriate Behavior? 9. So What Else Can I Do? 10. So What if Everything I Have Tried Is Still Not Working? What Else Can I Do? 11. So How Do I Connect the Dots? References and Resources for Further Reading Appendix
Number Of Pages: 152
Published: 7th January 2014
Publisher: Brookes Publishing Co
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 21.59 x 14.61
Weight (kg): 0.18
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised