The ultimate van life and alternative living bible by the authors of The Rolling Home Journal. Inspiring photos accompany practical and thoughtful guidance on converting your van and building an alternative lifestyle with respect for nature and the world. The authors, who are based in Cornwall (United Kingdom), address the origins of the van life trend and the question of a 'back to basics' life.
Their personal experience of living in their van gives them practical insights: which camper can be used for which adventure; when are you ready to leave? They include constructive advice, including a step-by-step manual on how to convert your van for the fullest possible benefit. The authors take van life to the next level, digging deeper into the philosophy and experience of living a life of freedom on four wheels.
After years of travelling around Europe in their camper, Calum Creasey and Lauren Smith decided to combine their love for design with their passion for adventure. The result: The Rolling Home, a website, Instagram account, and quarterly journal. Their first book, The Rolling Home: 80000 Miles and Counting in a Selfbuild Home (2015), sold tens of thousands of copies in two editions.
- An inspirational - and practical - guide to the essentials of 'Van Life', including life hacks, road trips and the do's and don't's.
- #vanlife is one of the most popular hashtags on Instagram.
- The ultimate travel experience in a book.
- The latest travel trend, celebrated here with real-life stories.
- Inspiring but also nailing down the bare essentials of 'Van Life'.
240 colour, 30 b/w images