This volume brings together some of the most distinguished writers in the field of New Testament studies to provide an overview of discussions about the nature of New Testament theology.<br><ul><br><li>Examines the development, purpose and scope of New Testament theology. <br><li>Looks at the relationship of New Testament theology with other branches of theology. <br><li>Considers crucial issues within the New Testament, such as the historical Jesus, the theology of the cross, eschatology, ethics, and the role of women. <br><li>Offers fresh perspectives which take discussion of the subject further in key areas<br><li>Includes a foreword by Rowan Williams.</li></ul>
?The ?A list? range of contributors to the collection makes for not only stimulating but also imaginative and stunning reading ? This volume is a must-have on any student or scholar?s shelf.?
Journal for the Study of the New Testament
List of Abbreviations.
Foreword by Rowan Williams.
1. History and Theology in New Testament Studies: John Ashton (Oxford University).
2. Biblical Theology: An Old Testament Perspective: John Barton (Oxford University).
3. Apocalypticism and New Testament Theology: Adela Yarbro Collins (Yale University).
4. New Testament Interpretation as Interpersonal Communion: The Case for a Socio-Theological Hermeneutics: Philip Esler (University of St Andrews).
5. The Nature of New Testament Theology: Morna Hooker (Cambridge University).
6. Does a Theology of the Canonical Gospels Make Sense? Luke Timothy Johnson (Emory University).
7. Paul in New Testament Theology: Leander E. Keck (Yale University).
8. The Contribution of Reception History to a New Testament Theology: Ulrich Luz (University of Berne, Switzerland).
9. Women in Early Christianity: The Challenge to a New Testament Theology: Margaret Y. MacDonald (St Francis Xavier University).
10. Deutero-Paulinism, Pseudonymity and the Canon: John Muddiman (Mansfield College, Oxford).
11. Towards an Alternative to New Testament Theology: ?Individual Eschatology? as an Example: Heikki Raisanen (University of Helsinki).
12. ?Action is the Life of All?: New Testament Theology and Practical Theology: Christopher Rowland (Queens College, Oxford).
13. Theory of Primitive Christian Religion and New Testament Theology: an Evolutionary Essay: Gerd Theissen (University of Heidelberg, Germany).
14. Does the ?Historical Jesus? belong within a ?New Testament Theology?? Christopher Tuckett (Oxford University).
15. The Gospel of John and New Testament Theology: Francis Watson (University of Aberdeen).
16. The Theology of the Cross and the Quest for a Doctrinal Norm: Michael Wolter (University of Bonn, Germany).
17. The Trinity and the New Testament: Frances Young (University of Birmingham).
Number Of Pages: 334
Published: 14th March 2006
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.8 x 15.3 x 1.7
Weight (kg): 0.48
Edition Number: 1