An internationally bestselling fable about a spiritual journey, littered with powerful life lessons that teach us how to abandon consumerism in order to embrace destiny, live life to the full and discover joy.
• This inspiring tale is based on the author's own search for life's true purpose, providing a step-by-step approach to living with greater courage, balance, abundance and joy.
• It tells the story of Julian Mantle, a lawyer forced to confront the spiritual crisis of his out-of-balance life: following a heart attack, he decides to sell all his beloved possesions and trek to India. On a life-changing odyssey to an ancient culture, he meets Himalayan gurus who offer powerful, wise and practical lessons that teach us to:
- Develop joyful thoughts
- Follow our life's mission
- Cultivate self-discipline and act courageously
- Value time as our most important commodity
- Nourish our relationships
- Live fully, one day at a time
"The book is about finding out what is truly important to your real spiritual self rather than being inundated with material possessions." Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)
"A captivating story that teaches as it delights." Paulo Coelho
"[Its] principles have been fascinating and there were shared principles from writers such as Robin Sharma and Deepak Chopra. How does all that impact on a game of rugby? I can't answer that. All I know is it's enough to help me to proceed in a way that makes me happy enough to go out there and be proud of who I am and what I hope I can bring to this team." Jonny Wilkinson