A must-have guide to the best antiques shopping in London, packed with information for beginners and experts alike.
A dealer herself, Kimberly Jayne Gray has drawn on her personal experience to evoke the atmosphere and charm of over 350 individual antiques sources from Chelsea's perennially stylish King's Road to Islington's quirky Camden Passage.
- Beautifully illustrated in colour, with clear and attractive maps and an extensive glossary, this guide pinpoints the essentials in an attractive and accessible format.
- 196 colour illustrations.
- Provides first-hand insight into London's best antiques dealers, with addresses, Web sites, contact details, and specialities for each.
- Organises the information street-by-street, with special sections on antiques markets, auction houses, and antiques fairs.
- Gives advice on collecting in London style-by-style, from Georgian to contemporary.
- Includes practical information and maps for getting around directions, places to eat, and neighbourhood points of interest.
- Features detailed additional reference material, including the basics on restoration and on exporting.
Introduction; 1. Street-by-Street Fulham - Lillie Road; Fulham - Fulham Road; Chelsea - King's Road; Belgravia - Pimlico Road; St James's - Bury Street; Mayfair - New Bond Street; Kensington - Kensington Church Street; Notting Hill - Portobello Road; St John's Wood - Church Street; Islington - Camden Passage; 2. Auction Houses Bonhams; Christie's; Criterion; Lots Road; Sotheby's; Spink; 3. Fairs Alexandra Palace; Ardingly; The Bada Fair; Chelsea Brocante; The Decorative Fair; Grosvenor House; Horti Hall; Olympia; Sunbury; 4. Antiques Markets Bermondsey; Covent Garden; Greenwich; Spitalfields; St James's; 5. Style-by-Style Art Deco; Art Nouveau; Arts and Crafts; Asian Style; Georgian Style; Mid-Century Modern & Contemporary; New School; Rustic and Folk Art; Salvage Style; Shabby Chic/Painted French; 6. Tips and Tricks Restoration; VAT Rules; Export Rules; Shipping; Reference Material; Postcodes; 7. Quick Guide Timelines; Top Ten Tips; Glossary
Number Of Pages: 160
Published: 1st May 2005
Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 21.3 x 14.0
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 1