No one explains A&P more clearly! The Human Body in Health & Disease, 7th Edition makes it easier to understand how the body works, both in normal conditions and when things go wrong. Its easy-to-read writing style, more than 500 full-color illustrations, and unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies keep you focused on the principles of anatomy, physiology, and pathology. New to this edition are Connect It! features with bonus online content and concept maps with flow charts to simplify complex topics. From noted educators Kevin Patton and Gary Thibodeau, this book presents A&P in a way that lets you know and understand what is important.
- More than 545 full-color photographs and drawings bring difficult A&P concepts to life and illustrate the most current scientific knowledge.
- Clear, conversational writing style breaks down information into brief 'chunks,' making principles easier to understand.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body transparencies allow you to peel back the layers of the body, with a 22-page, full-color insert showing the male and female human body along several planes.
- Over 50 Animation Direct 3-D animations provide dynamic visual explanations for key concepts, with callouts in the text directing you to these animations on the Evolve companion website.
- Language of Science/Language of Medicine presents lists of medical terms, pronunciations, and word parts to help you become familiar with A&P terminology and the meanings of individual word parts.
- Useful learning features include study tips, chapter objectives, case studies, critical thinking questions, summary boxes, review questions, and chapter tests.
- A study guide reinforces your understanding of anatomy and physiology with a variety of practical exercises to help you review and apply key A&P concepts. Sold separately.
NEW and UNIQUE! Connect It! articles on the Evolve companion website provide bonus information for you to explore, and are called out in the text.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Active Concept Maps on Evolve utilize animated and narrated flow charts to explain complex topics, and are also called out in the text.
- NEW! Chapter objectives and Active Learning sections more closely tie objectives to the end-of-chapter material.
- UPDATED! Genetics chapter includes the latest and most important advances.
1. Introduction to the Body 2. Chemistry of Life 3. Cells 4. Tissues 5. Organ Systems 6. Mechanisms of Disease 7. Skin and Membranes 8. Skeletal System 9. Muscular System 10. Nervous System 11. Senses 12. Endocrine System 13. Blood 14. Heart and Heart Disease 15. Circulation of the Blood 16. Lymphatic System and Immunity 17. Respiratory System 18. Digestive System 19. Nutrition and Metabolism 20. Urinary System 21. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 22. Acid-Base Balance 23. Reproductive Systems 24. Growth and Development 25. Genetics and Genetic Diseases Appendix A: Examples of Pathological Conditions Appendix C: Medical Terminology; Hints for Learning and Using Medical Terms Appendix D: Clinical and Laboratory Values; Conversion Factors to International System of Units (SI Units) Glossary Illustration/Photo Credits Index
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 800
Published: 30th January 2017
Publisher: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.31 x 21.59
Weight (kg): 1.61
Edition Number: 7
Edition Type: Revised