From sauerkraut to kombucha, homemade fermented foods and drinks are the latest health trend. Probiotic drinks and fermented foods pack a powerful dose of live cultures that many people credit for improved digestion, immunity, and skin health. With more than fifty recipes, The Healthy Probiotic Power Diet will show you how to make delicious meals and beverages in your own home to make them part of your everyday diet.
Probiotic drinks are made by adding cultures to base ingredients such as milk, sweet tea, or fruit juice, while fermented foods can be made by culturing vegetables, grains, beans, and other foods. Both add enzymes, B vitamins, and protein to your diet, while tasting delicious. R. J. Ruppenthal explains the benefits and includes simple, tasty recipes for:
- Kombucha and ginger beer
- Yogurt, cottage cheese, chèvre, and gouda cheeses
- Kefir, yogurt, and smoothies
- Green drinks and natural energy drinks
- Naturally fermented ciders and sodas
- Sauerkraut, kimchi, and natural pickles
- Simple and delicious probiotic dishes, including corn salsa, dolmas, kimchi noodles, chocolate pudding, and hummus
Probiotic drinks and foods can help you lose weight, nourish your body, boost energy, and improve overall health. With quick and easy recipes, The Healthy Probiotic Power Diet
will show you the way to a healthier lifestyle, while helping you save money over the high cost of these popular items.