How to make potty training stress free for you and your childTHE GENTLE POTTY TRAINING BOOK
is a practical guide to helping your child through one of the most important developmental stages of early childhood. Avoiding strict timelines, rewards and plans that are based solely on a child's gender, Sarah Ockwell-Smith advocates an approach that is based on your child's unique developmental stage - because the gentlest, easiest and most effective potty training happens when you work with your child as a team.
Sarah's advice includes:
* Recognising the physical and emotional signs that your child is ready
* How to talk to your child about potty training and prepare them emotionally
* What you need to get started - the practicalities
* How to respond to accidents and setbacks
* Potty training your child when you're in full-time work or co-parenting
* The when and how of night-time potty training
* What to do after previous false starts
Comprehensive, practical and realistic, Sarah's advice will give you the necessary understanding and confidence to make potty training a smooth process for you and your child.
About the Author
Sarah Ockwell-Smith is the mother of four children. She has a BSc in Psychology and worked for several years in Pharmaceutical Research and Development. Following the birth of her first child, Sarah re-trained as a Paediatric Homeopath, Antenatal Teacher and Birth and Postnatal Doula. She has also undertaken training in Baby Massage, Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. Sarah specialises in gentle parenting methods and is co-founder of the GentleParenting website.
Sarah writes a parenting blog which is read by 3 million parents per year, and is the author of BabyCalm, ToddlerCalm, The Gentle Sleep Book, The Gentle Parenting Book
and The Gentle Discipline Book
She frequently writes for magazines and newspapers, and is often called upon as a parenting expert for national television and radio.