In this book, Professor Christopher Coker presents an original and controversial thesis about the future of war.
- Argues that the biotechnology revolution has given war a new lease of life.
- Draws on thinkers from Hegel and Nietzsche to the postmodernists.
- Refers to modern fiction and films.
- Part of the prestigious Blackwell Manifestos series.
"For all those who seek a deeper understanding of the contours of war, then this fine book should be required reading."
Michael Evans, Royal Military College, Duntroon
"An important and exciting book that draws on a remarkable range of sources."
Andrew Linklater, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Foreword by Michael Evans.
1. The Re-Enchantment of War.
2. The Warrior of The Future: Memes or Genes?.
3. Towards Post Human Warfare.
4. Beyond The Death Threshold.
5. The Death of Sacrifice.
6. To be Concluded?.
Series: Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos
Number Of Pages: 176
Published: 29th October 2004
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 228.09 x 152.15
Weight (kg): 0.27
Edition Number: 1