Thai cuisine is fast becoming one of the most popular ways of eating. This fabulous book not only has 180 wonderful, fragrant recipes to try out, but includes fascinating information about the history and traditions surrounding this rich culture.
There is a fully illustrated guide to Thai ingredients with useful preparation and cooking techniques to ensure you have all the basics. Rice and noodles, tofu, dried fish and shellfish, and herbs, spices and pastes are all explained in detail.
The recipe collection brings together classic and modern dishes such as Green Curry Puffs, Salmon Marinated with Thai Spices, and Stir-fried Chicken with Basil and Chilli, and for dessert Mangoes with Sweet Sticky Rice, and Coconut and Lemon Grass Ice Cream.
With expert information and over 700 fantastic photographs, Thai is a book to be treasured by all cooks and food lovers.
About the Authors
- 180 fabulous recipes, from classic Thai Fish Cakes and Red Chicken Curry to Scented Fish Salad, and Duck and Sesame Stir-Fry
- The complete guide to one of the world's most popular cuisines: the ingredients, the techniques and the recipes, all shown in over 700 specially-commissioned colour photographs
- Explore the traditions and history of this fascinating country and discover how the cuisine has evolved over the years
- A fully illustrated reference section explains all the key Thai ingredients, together with useful step-by-step information on how to prepare and cook them
- Includes advice on special equipment, from firepots to cleavers, and how to use them
- Easy to use chapters cover every occasion for serving Thai food: including appetizers, soups, salads, poultry, vegetables and fish dishes, as well as desserts
- An essential guide for all lovers of Thai food, suitable for cooks of any level of experience and expertise.
Becky Johnson worked as a chef in London and Ireland before embarking on a two-year journey of culinary discovery around the globe. Extensive travel in South-east Asia has given her an incomparable knowledge of the Thai cuisine. Becky now works as a food writer contributing to books and magazines. Becky's other published works include: Weight Watcher's Mediterranean Cooking, Low Point Pasta, The Tofu Cookbook
, and Fondue
Judy Bastyra is a full-time writer and a food author who has written more than 20 books on cooking and popular social issues. She has a particular interest in Thailand and has travelled to the country many times, researching recipes and writing about the food and the culture. Judy's other published works include: Parties for Kids, Cooking with Dad, Love Bites, Sex - The Ultimate Lover's Guide
and Fun Food