An Adweek Book<br> Master the techniques that top companies use to spark creativity<br> In today's business environment, gaining the competitive edge through creative and original thinking is a crucial component of brand strategy. Creative leader of advertising Tom Monahan offers a fresh look at the subject, providing hard and fast methods for freeing the mind and inspiring active creativity in oneself and others. His 180-degree Thinking(TM), 100 MPH Method, and other techniques he employs in his creative consulting practice are easy-to-use strategies for unleashing new ideas and facilitating creative product development, advertising, and marketing plans. This book has the added benefit of Monahan's experience of using these methods at A-list client companies.
PART I: WHAT DO GREAT IDEAS DO?
How This Book Works.
The Rewards of a Great Idea.
The Consequences of a Bad Idea.
1. The First Real Chapter (Finally!).
PART II: UNDERSTANDING AND DEMYSTIFYING CREATIVITY.
2. Creativity = Problem Solving.
3. Change Your Thinking about Change.
4. Creativity versus Talent.
PART III: TOOLS FOR THE JOB OF THINKING CREATIVELY.
5. Ask a Better Question.
6. Ask the Question Early.
7. 100 MPH Thinking: Thinking at the Speed of Enlightenment.
8. 180¯o Thinking: A Tnereffid Way to Ideate.
9. Intergalactic Thinking.
10. Collaborate with Genius.
11. Conceptual Solitaire.
12. How to Put These Tools to Work.
PART IV: DIMENSIONALIZING YOUR NEW CREATIVE TOOLS.
13. Aids to Creativity.
14. Accidental Genius.
15. Stop Making Sense.
16. Redefining the Acceptable Range.
17. Selling Creative Ideas Requires Its Own Creativity.
18. Mind Farming.
19. Storming the Brain.
20. The Five Greatest Barriers to Creativity.
21. The Real Bibliography.
22. Proceed with Passion.
Number Of Pages: 262
Published: 20th March 2002
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.55 x 15.85
Weight (kg): 0.5
Edition Number: 1