The second edition of The Disability Support Worker meets the needs of people who adopt a person-centred approach in their work. The wholly Australian text now includes the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and other required reforms consistent with the United Nations convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.This text supports training and skills development for the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability, and Disability electives of the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support. Revisions reflect changes to the training package, particularly upgrading competencies dealing with individualised support, empowerment and facilitation consistent with a strengths-based approach.
New to this Edition
About the Author
- Now accompanied by instructor support materials, including competency mapping, PowerPoints, a test bank and case studies
- Now includes a CourseMate Express companion site to support student learning
- Terminology, e.g. OHS, updated in line with current standards
- Expansion of sections on how to report non-compliance and facilitating skills development and maintenance with more examples and activities
- Content revision to reflect the update to the training package primarily upgrading of elective competencies for the C4 to core - particularly those competencies dealing with individualised support, empowerment and facilitation consistent with a strengths based approach.
Geoff Arnott Cert IV A&WPT, Dip. FLM, B. Ec., B. Ed., Grad. Dip. BA, M. Bus., is a freelance writer and consultant and has published books in areas including disability, aged care and community services, He previously worked for more than 30 years in the TAFE system in various roles including as a Deputy Head of School and a Department Manager at Swinburne University in charge of programs based around health, recreation and human services. He has produced numerous learner guides and curriculum materials in a diverse range of areas for client organisations from the public and private sectors. His book publications in community services are Working in Aged and Community Services (Tertiary Press, 2005), Working in Community Services (Tertiary Press, 2007) and The Disability Support Worker, 2e (Cengage, 2016). He is an alumnus of Swinburne and Monash Universities.
Tertiary; University or College
Book with Other Items
Number Of Pages: 440
Published: 6th July 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 25.4 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 0.8
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised