Get back to basics with a Paleolithic diet!
Our hunger-gatherer ancestors didn't load up on the nutritionally barren, high-fat, high-calorie, processed foods prevalent in modern diets. Instead, they feasted on lean meats and fish, fresh fruit and vegetables, and nutritional nuts and seeds-and were healthier for it!
Packed with easy ideas and mouthwatering recipes for filling your menu with Paleo food, this helpful guide gives you everything you need to know to reap the benefits of a back-to-nature diet. In it, you get:
- The inside scoop on why eating Paleo works and may ward off diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and other modern ailments.
- Simple suggestions for stocking your pantry-including foods to clear out-plus finding Paleo-friendly food while dining out.
- Over 100 delicious recipes, from breakfast to dessert, to keep your taste buds happy
- Easy-to-follow menu plans and grocery shopping lists to help you get up to speed eating Paleo-and stick to it!
- Advice on adapting the Paleolithic diet to meet an athlete's unique nutritional needs.
Series: Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)
For Ages: 18+ years old
For Grades: 12+
Number Of Pages: 318
Published: 3rd April 2012
Publisher: Alpha Books
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.2 x 18.7
Weight (kg): 0.49
Edition Number: 1