A step-by-step guide to settling a loved one's estate.
Being an executor or personal representative is no easy task. For many, the job comes at a time of high emotion and is something that has never been done before. The Complete Executor's Guidebook is here to help ease this troubling time and make this overwhelming task manageable.
It gives you everything you need to navigate through all the paperwork and responsibility that comes with this role. It takes you step-by-step though all of the legal and financial matters that must be completed and provides you with a plan to timely settle an estate. With it you will feel confident that you are doing everything you need to do, such as:
- Preparing for your role as an executor or trustee
- Making claims for insurance, social security and other benefits
- Understanding the will or trust provisions
- Handling situations when documents are missing
- Going to court
- Dealing with taxes
- Finding your state's laws
- Working with lawyers, accountants, insurance agents and others