This book provides a comprehensive overview of the range of issues and concerns related to sexuality and health care.
It describes the normal processes and issues which arise at different stages in a person's life connected with sexuality, and goes on to describe the particular issues and concerns that arise when there is illness, disfigurement, physical or mental disability.
The Challenge of Sexuality in Health Care will provide qualified nurses, students, and health care professionals with the confidence to encourage patients to raise any concerns they might have.
"...this book is informative, comprehensive, contemporary, and authoritative in scope and content. It is scholarly yet accessible, from students to practising nurses to faculty."
Journal of Advanced Nursing
PART ONE: SEXUALITY - CONCEPT, CONTEXT AND INFLUENCES.
Introduction (Isabel White and Hazel Heath).
1. Before the Sexual Revolution (Hazel Heath and Elizabeth Grigg).
2. The Sexual Revolution (Hazel Heath).
3. Post HIV/AIDS: Emergence of a New Morality (Elizabeth Grigg).
4. Nursing as a Sexualised Occupation (Isabel White).
5. Nurses, the Body and Body Work (Hazel Heath and Brendan McCormack).
PART TWO: SEXUALITY THROUGH THE LIFESPAN.
6. Sexuality in Childhood and Adolescence (Amanda Keighley).
7. Sexuality and People With a Learning Disability (Amanda Keighley).
8. Sexuality, Fertility and Reproductive Health (Philippa Sully and Barbara Walters).
9. Sexuality and Later Life (Hazel Heath).
10. Sexuality and People who are Dying (Elizabeth Searle).
PART THREE: SEXUALITY IN HEALTH AND ILLNESS.
11. Sexuality and People with Mental Health Needs (Martin Ward).
12. Sexuality and People Affected by Sexually Transmitted Inffections (Elizabeth Grigg).
13. Sexuality and People with Acute Illness (Danny Kelly).
14. Sexuality and People with Disability or Chronic Illness (Carole Webster and Hazel Heath).
15. Sexuality Expression for People with Disfigurement (Helen Roberts).
PART FOUR: CURRENT APPROACHES AND FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS.
16. Facilitating Sexual Expression: Challenges for Contemporary Practice (Isabel White).
17. Addressing the Challenges: Agendas for Education, Research and Practice Development (Isabel White and Hazel Heath).
Appendix 1. Useful Addresses and Contacts.
Number Of Pages: 298
Published: 3rd December 2001
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.86 x 17.02 x 1.71
Weight (kg): 0.48
Edition Number: 1