Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
The Case for Israel is an ardent defense of Israel's rights, supported by indisputable evidence.
Presents a passionate look at what Israel's accusers and detractors are saying about this war-torn country.
Dershowitz accuses those who attack Israel of international bigotry and backs up his argument with hard facts.
Widely respected as a civil libertarian, legal educator, and defense attorney extraordinaire, Alan Dershowitz has also been a passionate though not uncritical supporter of Israel.
About the Author
Alan Dershowitz, the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, is one of the country's foremost appellate lawyers and a distinguished defender of individual liberties. He appears frequently on television and has contributed articles to the New York Times and other newspapers and magazines. His many books include the #1 New York Times bestseller Chutzpah and The Vanishing American Jew.
Defending Israel's conduct in its dealings with its Middle East neighbours has, in recent years, become harder and harder to do. So it is a thankless task that Dershowitz, a law professor, has given himself. Predictably, Dershowitz adopts a lawyer's 'accusation' and 'proof' approach to discredit every single accusation that has ever been levelled at the Jewish state. Sometimes this works, at other times, such as when he examines the rules of engagement of the Israeli army his evidence for the defence is, pointedly, over twenty years old. This book is not the eye-opener it claims to be on the cover, it is however an impassioned plea for Israel and, as such, adds a little more balance to what can often become a very one-sided debate with Israeli conduct condemned before being given the chance to be judged fairly. Kirkus UK
Preface to the Paperback Edition.
1. Is Israel a Colonial, Imperialist State?
2. Did European Jews Displace Palestinians?
3. Was the Zionist Movement a Plot to Colonize All of Palestine?
4. Was the Balfour Declaration Binding International Law?
5. Were the Jews Unwilling to Share Palestine?
6. Have the Jews Always Rejected the Two-State Solution?
7. Have the Jews Exploited the Holocaust?
8. Was the U.N. Partition Plan Unfair to Palestinians?
9. Were Jews a Minority in What Became Israel?
10. Has Israel's Victimization of the Palestinians Been the Primary Cause of the Arab-Israeli Conflict?
11. Was the Israeli War of Independence Expansionists Aggression?
12. Did Israel Create the Arab Refugee Problem?
13. Did Israel Start the Six-Day War?
14. Was the Israeli Occupation Without Justification.
15. Was the Yom Kippur War Israel's Fault?
16. Has Israel Made Serious Efforts at Peace?
17. Was Arafat Right in Turning Down the Barak-Clinton Peace Proposal?
18. Why Have More Palestinians Than Israelis Been Killed?
19. Does Israel Torture Palestinians?
20. Has Israel Engaged in Genocide against Palestinian Civilians?
21. Is Israel a Racist State?
22. Is the Israeli Occupation the Cause of All the Problems?
23. Has Israel Denied the Palestinians Statehood?
24. Is Israel's Policy of House Destruction Collective Punishment?
25. Is Targeted Assassination of Terrorist Leaders Unlawful?
26. Is Settlement in the West Bank and Gaza a Major Barrier to Peace?
27. Is Terrorism Merely Part of a Cycle of Violence?
28. Is Israel the Prime Human Rights Violator in the World?
29. Is there Moral Equivalence between Palestinian Terrorist and Israeli Responses?
30. Should Universities Divest from Israel and Boycott Israeli Scholars?
31. Are Critics of Israel Anti-Semitic?
32. Why Do So Many Jews and Even Israelis Side With The Palestinians?
Conclusion: Israel-the Jew among Nations.
ISBN: 9780471679523 ISBN-10: 0471679526 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 265 Published: 1st August 2004 Country of Publication: US Dimensions (cm): 23.11 x 15.49
Weight (kg): 0.43