A Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting welcomes baby boomers to the grandparenting game. The Zullos have tapped fellow boomer grandparents and leaders in the child care and grandparenting fields to share their expertise and help recent grandparents find success and enjoyment in their new relationships with their children and grandchildren.
We are your typical boomer nana and papa," say authors Kathryn and Allan Zullo, "younger, healthier, wealthier, and better educated than our grandparents. We are more active and less formal than our own parents were at our age. We no longer fit the traditional image of our elderly kin." That description signals the need for a new kind of grandparenting, a role that The Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting fills to perfection.
The experts and grandparents cited throughout the book tailor their guidance and recommendations to fit the boomer sensibility, covering topics such as:
* Defining your role and image as a grandparent
* Understanding the latest trends in child care
* Achieving harmony with your children and their spouses
* Engaging in high-tech grandparenting
* Coping with stepgrandparenting
* Dealing with grandchildren in nontraditional households
* Caring for great-grandchildren
Filled with expert advice, A Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting provides a smooth transition into grandparenting and sets the stage for successful relationships and experiences for the entire family.