The Big Picture with Student Resource Access 12 Months
The Big Picture, 4e is written to support training delivery in CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. It provides students with a practical introduction to working in a children’s service environment, whilst helping to bridge the gap between theory and best practice. It is designed to address the relevant units of competency in a holistic and integrated way while covering the skills and knowledge students need to be deemed competent in this qualification. The text also examines the personal and professional skills needed to be an effective early childhood educator.
Students are introduced to the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics and the challenges faced by educators when working with families and children. In addition, Kearn’s emphasises the importance of knowing the traditional domains of early education and development, and links them to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Standards (NQS). The Big Picture, 4e is a highly visual and engaging text for students, or anyone wanting to undertake study in Early Childhood Education and Care.
New to this Edition
Birth to Big School with Student Resource Access 12 Months
Birth to Big School
- Updated throughout with the latest research, content, trends and industry benchmarks
- Now covers units CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety and CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- New and revised tables, images and artwork to further enhance student comprehension
- Content links back to Standards and Elements of the National Quality Standards
- New Scenario boxes help students reflect upon certain situations and how they would handle them in a real world environment
- New Consider This boxes cover topics student’s should consider in certain situations
- New In Practice boxes show link between theoretical concepts and how it applies in a child care setting
- New CourseMate Express for the student, including additional activities, student quizzes, flashcards, cases and more
- Robust Instructor Support resources including detailed mapping to competency, in-text solutions, test bank, customisable PowerPoint slides and more
is designed to support the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care in a holistic and integrated way while addressing the relevant units of the Training Package. The text emphasises the importance of knowing the traditional domains of development and links them to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Standards (NQS) by using down-to-earth practical examples. Questions enable students to check their understanding of the content and provide a reference point to the NQS.
New to this Edition
About the Author
- Key terms in bold
- New Consider This boxes on key physical development factors, and subjects such as “W sitting” and “toe walking”
- Additional material, requested by market, on social theory such as 'Albert Bandura and social learning theory' and 'Erik Erikson's lifespan theory'
- New In Practice boxes on subjects such as identifing emotional and behavioural problems
- Expanded discussion of developmentally and culturally appropriate practices
- Extensive revision of chapter 6 New material on 'Heuristic play'; Expanded discussion of 'Visual art experiences'; New section on 'Risky play'; New sections on 'STEM,' 'Technology' and 'Engineering'; Discussion of 'provocations' and updated information on'projects and collections'; New section on 'Small world play'; Reworked section on 'Play that supports emergent literacy'
- In chapter 7 New sections oncapturing the children's learning through 'Videos,' 'Photographs' and 'The child's voice'; New material on 'The daily program'
- New student and instructor resources – for the instructor NEW – additional cases with extension activities on SSO as well as PowerPoints, Testbank and mapping; for the student – NEW CourseMate Express with revision quizzes, competency based activity sheets, online research activities
- New section on 'Emergent literacy' 'Literacy for babies and toddlers' as well as Revised and updated discussion of 'Play that supports emergent literacy'
Karen Kearns M. Ed. (EC), B. Ed. (EC), Grad. Dip. Ed. (Spec. Ed) Dip. Teach (EC), Cert. IV Training and Assessment. Karen is an early childhood professional and CEO of International Child Care college. Karen believes that being an educator/teacher in early childhood settings is both challenging and rewarding. A long-time advocate for educators, Karen is passionate about the importance of supporting educators in their critical role with young children and families.
Tertiary; University or College
Book with Other Items
Published: 20th September 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 28.0 x 21.0
Weight (kg): 2.08
Edition Number: 1
Edition Type: New edition