This is an essential reference volume and devotional companion for everyone who aspires to live by the gentle and wise rule of St Benedict with its emphasis on a well-balanced life.
This comprehensive manual is aimed especially at oblates and associates of Benedictine communities, those who regularly spend retreats or quiet days in Benedictine centres, and everyone who has read such classic texts as Esther de Waal's Seeking God and wishes to order their life more in tune with Benedictine spirituality.
This imitation-leather bound volume contains:
- the text of the Rule of St Benedict with a commentary by Abbot Patrick Barry OSB
- an introduction to the essentials of Benedictine spirituality: prayer, lectio divina, work, study, hospitality, the vows, perseverance
- a simple daily office and other Benedictine prayers
- a who's who introducing us to 100 Benedictine saints and followers
- a guide to living the Rule in the world and in community
- an tour of the Benedictine family worldwide
- a glossary of Benedictine terms.