Published continuously since 1955, The Australian Tax Handbook is a convenient volume covering the full spectrum of income tax law and related taxes. It features clear overviews, concise explanations and worked examples to make the tax system easier to understand and apply in practice.
The 2018 edition of this premier tax reference book has a logical chapter arrangement focusing on making working life easier for practitioners. With clearly set out core tax principles supported by numerous worked examples, The Australian Tax Handbook 2018 highlights all the important changes over the last 12 months. The traditional strength in providing greater depth of coverage ensures The Australian Tax Handbook remains the premier tax research book available to today’s market.
- Reduction in company tax rate but not for passive investment companies
- Restrictions on travel and depreciation deductions relating to residential rental premises
- Increased CGT discount for affordable housing investments
- $20,000 asset write-off threshold for SBEs extended for 12 months
- First Home Super Saver scheme
- Downsizing main residence – extra contribution to super
- Removing main residence CGT exemption for foreign residents
- States the law as at 1 January 2018 and covers proposed changes to tax law outstanding at that date.
- Comprehensive coverage of income tax law, regulation and practice and related taxes, presented in a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Clear explanations and practical analysis supported by numerous worked examples.
- Logical organisation and structure - tiered commentary with clear overviews and introductions leading to deeper analysis of specific tax topics.
- Quick reference tools such as tax rates and tables, checklists.
- Helps you to gain a practical understanding of tax law and regulation and its application to a wide range of client tax issues.
- Provides a complete picture of the Australian tax system in a compact single volume.
- Answers common questions you face from clients.
- Highlights the important changes over the last twelve months.
- Worked examples to help you easily apply the analysis to your issues.
- Easy to navigate and quickly locate answers to your questions.
- Gives fast access to related information from other Thomson Reuters' services.
Year in Review
Australian tax system
Capital Gains Tax
Special Classes of Taxpayers
Rulings, returns, assessments, objections and audits
Collection, Recovery and Audits
Fringe Benefits Tax
Tables and Ready reckoners
Published: 18th January 2019
Publisher: Thomson Reuters Australia, Limited
Country of Publication: AU