Usually associated with western style roasting and baking, the oven is often overlooked when it comes to preparing Asian dishes. Home Economics teacher and food writer Jo Marion Seow proves that the versatile kitchen appliance is the perfect tool for preparing wholesome Asian food.
- Discover the versatility and convenience of using the oven for everyday cooking.
- Steam, braise, fry, roast and bake delicious sweet and savoury Asian-inspired dishes in the oven.
- Provides tips on how to adapt classic Asian dishes for oven-cooking.
- Includes suggestions on how to fully maximise the oven when preparing delicious home cooked meals.
- Recipes include favourite Asian dishes, everyday fare and celebratory treats.
Featuring 70 recipes that include every day fare such as Steamed Eggs with Minced Pork and Braised Pork in Dark Sauce to delectable treats such as Durian Marble Cake and Laksa Cookies, this book will change your perception of the oven, encouraging you to explore the myriad ways it can complement a busy lifestyle.
Together with insightful anecdotes from the author's experiences in the kitchen to useful tips on how to adapt stovetop cooking techniques in the oven, this is an essential guide to making the most of your oven - the Asian way.