What does this mean? It's a question asked by many who look at Christian art but don't understand its content or meaning.
The Art of Faith answers this question in a quick reference guide to Christian art and architecture. Practical and easy to read, this book unfolds the world of Christian images for anyone interested in art: believers who want to enrich their faith, college students studying art history, travelers to ancient sites, seekers who want to explore Christianity. With this book in hand, readers can visit churches or museums and recognize the art's style or meaning or even explore the signs and symbols of their local church.
The Art of Faith outlines sacred art from early Christianity through the Baroque, with intriguing information, stories, quotes, sketches, and examples.
With this book, you can:
• Overview the eras of Christian art and architecture.
• Identify the types of Christian art and architecture.
• Learn about the varied artistic techniques.
• Recognize popular figures in art and learn their stories.
• Interpret the ancient signs and symbols of Christian art.