The popularity of the ketogenic diet is exploding, and the 30-day approach to healing the body has proven appeal. With The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse, top-selling keto author Maria Emmerich guides readers through the crucial first 30 days of becoming a fat-burning machine.
For those who are brand-new to keto and those who are getting back on track after falling off the wagon, the first 30 days on a ketogenic diet can be challenging. As the body adapts to burning fat (ketones) rather than sugar for fuel, cravings can arise, and some people find that they just don't feel so great. Many fall victim to the temptation to give up before they can truly experience the benefits of being keto-adapted. The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse isn't like most juice or other cleanses where you starve throughout the entire process. Keto expert Maria Emmerich offers tasty whole-food recipes-all dairy-free and nut-free-that are filling and satisfying and keep cravings at bay. Plus, she offers helpful tips and tricks for making it through the adjustment period.
The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse is a guidebook for healing the body from the inside out. Most people attempting a keto diet do it completely wrong. Maria Emmerich, on the other hand, bases this cleanse on a true, well-formulated ketogenic diet, helping readers reset their metabolism, regain health, lose weight, and tap into increased energy levels. This book includes:
About the Author
- A detailed explanation of how sugar causes inflammation and leads to disease
- 30-day meal plans to kick-start ketosis, with corresponding shopping lists
- 30-day Whole30-compliant meal plans, with corresponding shopping lists
- A wide variety of amazing recipes, with suggestions for combining those recipes into delicious and satisfying ketogenic meals
- Easily accessible lists of approved keto foods and foods that hold people back from ketosis
- Tips on how to eat to balance hormones, sleep better, feel better, and lose weight while following a ketogenic diet
- Guidance for maintaining ketosis after a successful 30-day cleanse
- Recommendations for supplements to help heal from poor eating habits
- A bonus slow cooker chapter to help make life easier!
Maria Emmerich is a wellness expert in nutrition and exercise physiology. She is the author of several cookbooks and three nutritional guidebooks, including the global bestseller The Ketogenic Cookbook and Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking. Maria’s blog, mariamindbodyhealth.com, offers a unique combination of innovative recipes using alternative ingredients to less-healthy options and easy-to-understand explanations of why these options are better for our health.
Maria’s success stems from her passion for helping others reach and sustain optimal health through programs and education that work on a personal level. She understands the connection between food and how it makes us all feel inside and out. Her specialty is brain chemical neurotransmitters and how they are affected by the foods we eat. After struggling with her weight throughout her childhood, she decided to study health and wellness so she could help others who are discouraged by their appearance and do not feel their best. The nutrient-rich, relatively high-fat dietary approach that she developed for herself and the exotic, little-known replacements for typical high-glycemic starchy foods and sugar are what finally gave her total peace with food, something she never imagined possible.