The authors model practices that instructors at every level may use to get off to a good beginning, maintain motivation in the mid-semester doldrums, and achieve successful closure at the And. Each chapter opens with a vignette that illustrates challenges teachers encounter and the ways both they and their students respond to them.
Part One: Prelude to the Semester.
1. Exploring Teaching Styles.
2. Creating Magic in the Classroom.
3. Stalking the Superior Syllabus.
Part Two: Tempo of the Semester.
4. The Opening Weeks: Establishing Community.
5. The Interim Weeks: Beating the Doldrums.
6. The Final Weeks: Achieving Closure.
Series: Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education (Hardcover)
Number Of Pages: 288
Published: 18th April 1995
Publisher: JOSSEY BASS
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.35 x 15.85
Weight (kg): 0.51
Edition Number: 1