In " Subculture to Clubculture " Steve Redhead responds to the separation of 'youth' and 'pop' in the 1980's and the fragmentation of the audience for popular music in the 1990's.
Part I: Subculture:.
1. The Politics of Football Hooliganism.
2. Keeping Off the Grass.
3. The Soccer War.
4. Thatcher's Boys (Next Door).
Part II: Subculture into Clubculture:.
5. The Rehabilitation of Football.
6. The New (Football) Men.
7. Shamble On.
8. What's so Funny 'Bout Peace, Love and Understanding?.
9. The Age of Rock.
10. Down the Tube: Pop on Television.
12. Pop Time, Acid House.
13. Lager Louts and the English Disease.
14. Moynihan Brings Out the Hooligan in Me.
Part III: Clubcultures:.
16. Oh Manchester, So Much to Answer For.
17. Licensed to Thrill.
18. The Last Generation?.
20. Oasis: (What's the Story) Manchester's Glory?.
Number Of Pages: 156
Published: 30th December 1997
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 238.83 x 155.73 x 16.1
Weight (kg): 0.39
Edition Number: 1