The only certification study guide to focus on advanced infant and child health assessment
This is the only study guide available focusing specifically on the specialized knowledge and skills required to conduct the pediatric health assessment. Designed to accompany the text Advanced Pediatric Assessment, it reinforces essential content through case studies and multiple choice Q&As that mirror the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam format. The third edition includes new critical thinking exercises, case studies, and certification-style Q&As. It delivers a completely new chapter that covers clinical decision-making, formulating differential diagnoses, and evidence-based practice. It also provides SOAP notes for the well and abnormal exams.
The third edition continues to deliver essential practice items for all aspects of the exam, along with sample documentation and a space where students can practice their own subjective and objective findings. In addition, Anatomic Labeling Exercises reinforce knowledge essential to the APN role. Each chapter is formatted systematically for ease of use and includes chapter overview, learning objectives, essential terminology, case studies, the well child, the ill child/child with problem, multiple choice questions mirroring the exam format, SOAP notes for well and abnormal exams, and answers.
New to the Third Edition:
- Includes new critical thinking exercises, case studies, and certification-style exam questions
- Delivers completely new chapter addressing clinical decision making, formulating differential diagnoses, and evidence-based practice
- Provides SOAP notes for well and abnormal exams
- Reinforces content for Advanced Pediatric Assessment with case studies and multiple choice Q&As that mirror certification exam format
- Provides essential practice items for the exam
- Includes Anatomic Labeling Exercises to reinforce required knowledge
- Delivers essential terminology
- Offers sample documentation and space for students to practice their own documentation