Published in association with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), this book is ideal for undergraduate and masters students of purchasing and supply and is especially suitable for CIPS graduate Diploma students taking the unit in 'purchasing and supply chain management 1: strategy'.
The 2nd edition of this successful text continues to provide students with a clear understanding of the scope and potential of purchasing and supply chain management strategy in a variety of international organisations. The book has been updated to examine ongoing changes taking place in the business world and look at their implications for purchasing and supply chain management.
The text takes an integrated approach to the strategic management of the supply chain and sees this as a central component of the management function. It demonstrates the links between developments in the field of purchasing and changes in business strategy and functional areas such as marketing strategy and manufacturing strategy.
2. Approaches to Strategic Management.
3. From Corporate Strategy to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Strategy.
4. The Content of Supply Chain Management Strategies.
II: THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES.
5. Strategic Management of Quality.
6. Strategic Management of Material Flow.
7. Strategic Management of Costs and Added Value.
8. Strategic Management of Supplier Relationships.
9. Strategic Management of Human Resources in the Supply Chain.
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 368
Published: 13th March 1997
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.8 x 15.9 x 2.0
Weight (kg): 0.55
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised