The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this fascinating city.
Stroll around picturesque Gamla Stan, marvel at a 400-year-old royal warship at the Vasamuseet, or explore the majestic rooms of the Kungliga Slottet (Royal Palace)- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Stockholm with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Stockholm-
- Over 15 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Stockholm, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Royal Palace (Kungliga Slottet), Moderna Museet, Nationalmuseum, Nordiska museet, Vasamuseet, Skansen, Historiska museet, Drottningholm and more
- Colour photographs of historic buildings, fascinating museums, parks and gardens, picturesque streets, royal palaces and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Gamla Stan, City, Blaiseholmen and Skeppsolmen, and Djurg rden
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience- discover the festivals that take place throughout the year, and learn about Stockholm's history, art, architecture and more
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Stockholm is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Stockholm.
DK Eyewitness- winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a longer break in Sweden? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sweden.
About DK Eyewitness Travel- DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.